Disease: Chronic Cough
Chronic cough facts
- Chronic cough is a cough that persists over time. Chronic cough is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying condition.
- Causes of chronic cough include:
- hay fever (allergic rhinitis),
- sinus problems,
- infections, and
- Treatment for chronic cough is based on addressing the underlying cause.
- Home remedies to ease symptoms of chronic cough include:
- staying hydrated,
- gargling with warm saltwater,
- cough drops,
- honey, and
- Chronic cough may be prevented by not smoking, and managing medical problems such as asthma, postnasal drip, or GERD.
What is chronic cough?
Chronic cough is a cough that persists over time. Chronic cough is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying condition. Chronic cough is a common problem and the reason for many doctor visits.
Define Common Diseases
Womens Health Care helps you find information, definitaions and treatement options for most common diseases, sicknesses, illnesses and medical conditions. Find what diseases you have quick and now.